Ginisang Ampalaya Recipe
Ginisang Ampalaya is a sauteed bitter melon in garlic, onion, and tomato and other condiments.
Ginisang Ampalaya Ingredients
- 1 bitter melon (ampalaya); sliced
- 2 eggs; beaten
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 medium onion; sliced
- 1 medium tomato; sliced
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
Ginisang Ampalaya Cooking Instructions
- In a bowl, beat eggs and season with salt to taste.
- Soak ampalaya in salted water for 5-10 minutes to lessen the bitter taste. Wash, drain, and set aside.
- Saute garlic, onion, and tomato.
- When tomato is soft, add ampalaya and salt to taste.
- Stir occasionally until ampalaya is tender but do not overcook.
- Pour eggs and stir with the mixture.
- Cook until eggs are scrambled or until dish is done.
- You can also add sauteed pork, sausage, shrimp, or any meat ingredients of your choice into the dish.
Leave a Comment