Filipino Lumpiang Sariwa
Filipino Lumpiang Sariwa is a wrapped vegetables with fish and meat. Sweet and garlicky sauce is poured on the lumpiang sariwa.
Lumpiang Sariwa Ingredients
- 1/2 cup ground pork
- 1/4 cup shrimp; chopped
- 1/4 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 2 cups carrots; shredded
- 2 cups cabbage; shredded
- 2 cups sayote; shredded
- 1 cup baguio beans; shredded
- 1 tablespoon onion; minced
- 4 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 cup ground peanuts
- Lettuce leaves
- Lumpia wrapper
- Salt to taste
Lumpiang Sariwa Cooking Instructions
- Sauté garlic, and onion. Add ground pork, ham, and shrimp.
- Simmer until it changes color.
- Season with soy sauce and sugar.
- Add vegetables and continue cooking until it is done.
- Balance seasoning with salt according to taste.
- Set aside the mixture.
Lumpiang Sariwa Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
Lumpiang Sariwa Sauce Preparations
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a saucepan except the garlic.
- Boil in a very low fire, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens. Add the garlic.
- Set aside.
Final Preparation of the Dish
- Place on top of the lumpia wrapper a leaf of lettuce and 3 tablespoons of the mixture.
- You may roll up folding one end and leaving other open or just roll up and place in the platter.
- Serve with sauce and minced peanuts.
Leave a Comment