Sweet and Sour Tilapia Fish is a fried cichlid fish with sweet and sour sauce.
- 5 tilapia (cichlid fish)
- 1 can pineapple (set aside juice); chunks
- 1 carrot; cut in strip1 bell pepper; cut in strips
- 4 cloves garlic; mined
- 1 onion; chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Ground black pepper
- Cooking oil
- Fry tilapia fish and place in a platter. Set aside
- Sauté garlic and onion.
- Add pineapple and carrot. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pineapple juice, sugar, soy sauce, water, flour, salt and water.
- Simmer until a saucy consistency is achieved. Add bell pepper. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour hot sauce (mixture) on top of the tilapia fish.
- Serve hot!