Sinigang na Bangus is a boiled milk fish with sour broth and vegetables.
Sinigang na Bangus Ingredients
- 1 milk fish (bangus); cut into desired pieces
- 1 ginger root, crushed
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 onion; sliced
- 1 radish; sliced
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 5 string beans cut into 2” lengths
- 1 cup kangkong leaves
- Sinigang mix or 2 crushed tamarind (sampalok)
- 5 cups water
- Salt or fish sauce (patis)
Sinigang na Bangus Cooking Instructions
- In a casserole, parboil fish with enough water to cover.
- Add ginger root. Simmer until fish is half cooked.
- Add onion, tomatoes, and sinigang mix. Simmer for few minutes, then add vegetables.
- Season with salt or fish sauce according to taste.
- Cook until done.
- Serve hot!