Rellenong or Relyenong Bangus is a stuffed milk fish basically with garlic, onion, tomato, and carrots, fish meat, rasins, cooked peas, eggs and flour.
Relyenong Bangus Ingredients:
- 1 big milkfish (bangus)
- 4 cloves of garlic; minced
- 1 onion; chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup cooked peas
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg; well beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
Relyenong Bangus Cooking Preparation
- Clean the fish by removing all its entrails. Slit the back with a knife and scrape out all its meat using a spoon. Parboil the fish meat and debone. Discard the bones and flake the meat. Set aside.
- Marinate the head and skin of the fish in lemon juice, soy sauce and pepper.
- Saute garlic, onion, tomato, and carrots, then add fish meat, rasins, and cooked peas. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from fire and mix with eggs and flour. Set aside the mixture.
- Stuff the mixture inside the empty skin of the fish and sew up the back opening. Deep fry in hot cooking oil until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
- You can also add ground pork, longnisa meat, ham, potato, or red pepper as additional ingredients.