Chicken with Tamarind Tops
Chicken with Tamarind Tops, also called Sinampalokang Manok is boiled chicken with sour-based soup.
- 1 kilo chicken; cut into serving pieces
- 1 onion; sliced
- 2 tomatoes; sliced
- 1/2 cup string beans; cut 2" length
- 4 cloves garlic; crushed
- 1 root ginger; crushed
- 2 cup tamarind tops and flowers
- 5 cups water
- Fish sauce or salt to taste
- Cooking oil
- Wrap the tamarind tops and flowers in a cheesecloth; tie both ends together.
- In a casserole, sauté garlic, ginger, onion, and tomatoes.
- Add chicken and saute until chicken turns light brown.
- Pour enough water, then add the wrapped tamarind tops and flowers.
- Bring to a boil and simmer. Add the vegetable.
- Strain and squeeze the cheesecloth, then remove from the casserole.
- Season with fish sauce according to taste.
- Cook until done. Serve hot!
- Always dry chicken well with paper towels before placing into hot frying pan so it won't stick.
- You may add vegetables of your choice like radish, spinach, eggplant.
Leave a Comment