Filipino-Bacolod Chicken Inasal
Filipino-Bacolod Chicken Inasal is a grilled chicken soaked in a well seasoned marinade. Recipe is popular in Visayan regions in the Philippines.
Chicken Inasal Ingredients
- 1 kilo chicken; breast and wings preferred
- 4 stalks lemon grass; julienned
- 1 lemon; juice extracted
- 1 lime; juice extracted
- 4 cloves garlic; crushed
- 2 tablespoons 7-up or Sprite soda
- Ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup annatto seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Chili pepper flakes (optional)
- Skewers for grilling
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
Chicken Inasal Cooking Instructions
- In a bowl, marinate chicken overnight in salt, pepper, garlic, lemon grass, lime and lemon juice, and 7-up or Sprite soda. Set aside.
- Fry annatto seeds in cooking oil. Let cool, crush, and drain the annatto oil in a bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare a mixture for bashing by mixing annatto oil, marinade, and butter. Pan boil for few minutes and season with salt and MSG if desired. – Filipinos, sometimes, has this tantsa tantsa lang (estimate and approximate) method of cooking. Experiment, therefore, on your best combination.
- Skew the chicken and grill over the hot charcoal, brushing it with the mixture once in a while. Grill until done.
- You can substitute kalamansi for lemon and lime.
- Adding 1 tablespoon of vinegar in the marinade is good if you intend to preserve the left over chicken inasal in a day or two.
Leave a Comment