Filipino Pork Afritada is a recipe cooked in tomato sauce with vegetables and other condiments
Pork Afritada Ingredients
- 1/2 kilo pork belly (liempo); cut into desired pieces
- 2 potatoes; quartered
- 1 carrot; sliced in 1 inch thick
- 4 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 bell pepper; sliced
- 1 onion; chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce (patis)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 bay leaves
- Cooking oil
Pork Afritada Cooking Instructions
- In a skillet, fry carrot and potatoes in 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onion in a saucepan.
- Add pork, spice with salt, and continue sautening until meat renders fat and changes in color.
- Add carrot, potatoes, bell pepper, and bay leaves. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and tomato sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add water and continue cooking until a saucy consistency is achieved.
- Add and stir well with flour to thicken the sauce. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Serve hot!