Paksiw na Pata is braised pork's shank in vinegar, soy sauce and other condiments.
Paksiw na Pata Ingredients
- 2 lbs pork’s leg (pata); cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 head garlic; crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon peppercorn
- 1/2 cup banana blossoms (bulaklak ng saging)
- 4-5 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
Paksiw na Pata Cooking Instructions
- Paksiw na Pata Cooking Instructions
- Place pork’s leg in a pot/saucepan and add water to cover.
- Add all the ingredients except the banana blossoms.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium or medium-low fire.
- When pork is tender and thick sauce is formed, add the banana blossoms.
- Simmer until banana blossoms is cooked.