Pancit Bihon Recipe
Pancit Bihon is a dish consist of thin rice noodles, chicken, shrimps, cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, soy sauce, and flavorsome ingredients.
Pancit Bihon Ingredients
Choose two (2) of the meat following ingredients:
- 1 cup chicken breast; boiled and shredded in strips
- 1 cup shrimps; shelled
- 1 cup pork;cut in strips
- 1 cup pork, beef, or hotdog sausages
Choose two (2) of the vegetable ingredients:
- 2 cups cabbage; cut in strips (preferred)
- 1 carrot; cut into strips (preferred)
- 1 cup bagiuo beans; sliced
- 1 package 8 oz pancit bihon (rice stick noodles)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion; chopped
- 3 cloves garlic; crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking oil
- 2 calamansi or lemon; sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
Pancit Bihon Cooking Instructions
- Soak pancit bihon noodles to soften for 10 minutes.
- Boil chicken in 3 cups water. Save 2 cups of the broth.
- Saute gralic and onion, then add the meat ingredients.
- Season with soy sauce, then add the broth.
- Add the vegetables followed by salt and pepper to taste.
- When vegetables are cripspy tender, add the pancit bihon. Cook, stirring often, until all liquid has evaporated.
- Garnish with scallion and serve with sliced calamansi or lemon.
Leave a Comment