Filipino Kare Kare Recipe
Kare Kare Ingredients:
Meat Ingredients (choose from the following options):
- 3 lbs beef oxtail; cut into chunks 2" length
- 2 lbs beef oxtail; cut into chunks 2" length
- 1 lb beef (tender cut from sirloin or round); cut into cubes
- 1 lbs beef oxtail; cut into chunks 2" length
- 1 lb beef (tender cut from sirloin or round); cut in cubes
- 1 lb pork hock
- 4 pieces eggplant, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 bundle pechay or bok choy, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 bundle of string beans (sitaw), cut into 2″ length
- 1 banana bud (banana heart), sliced
1 big onion; chopped
1 head garlic; minced
5 tablespoons annatto (atsuete) seeds
2 cups peanut butter
1/4 cup grounded toasted rice
Shrimp paste (bagoong alamang)
Salt and pepper
8 cups Water
Kare Kare Cooking Instructions:
Fry annatto seeds in 5 tablespoons of cooking oil. Drain annatto oil and discard seeds. Set aside.
Blanch the banana bud (banana heart) in boiling water. Set aside.
Boil meat with enough water to cover until tender. Set aside the meat and save stock for later use.
Sauté garlic and onion, then add annatto oil, grounded toasted rice, and meat. Stir mixture, then pour stock and bring to a boil. Salt and pepper to taste, then add peanut butter. Stir and simmer until all mixture is well blended. Add the vegetables and cook until done.
Serve and side with shrimp paste.
Use pressure cooker to boil and tenderize the meat if you want to accelerate your cooking process.
You can also use meat of beef, goat, or chicken.
Leave a Comment:
"CRISPY TADYANG KARE-KARE"
Sa resto na ito meron: 5 Aces Restaurant and Catering Services
search niyo sa youtube 5 Aces Restaurant and Catering Services
We are giving out 10% discount card. If you are interested call the number flashed in this AVP IN YOUTUBE: 5 Aces Restaurant and Catering Services