Filipino Goat Caldereta Recipe
Kalderetang Kambing Ingredients:
1 1/2 kilos goat meat, cut into chunks
1 potato; quartered
1 carrot; cut in 1 inch chunks or slices
4 cloves garlic; pounded
1 onion; chopped
1 can liver spread or ground liver
1 tomato; quartered
1 can tomato sauce
15 green olives (stoned or pitted)
1 tablespoon pickles
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 grated cheese
1 bell pepper; sliced
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
2 stems kinchay (celery); chopped
2 laurel leaves
1/2 cup soy sauce
Kalderetang Kambing Cooking Instructions:
Fry the potato and carrot for 3 minutes. Set aside.
In a bowl, marinate goat meat in vinegar, soy sauce, and ground black pepper for 1 hour. Set aside.
Sauté garlic and onion in a saucepan. Add the marinated goat’s meat, tomato, and kitchay. Continue sauteing until all liquid has evaporated and meat starts to render fat. Add water enough to cover the goat’s meat. Boil until tender.
Add tomato sauce and pickles. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the cheese, peanut butter, liver spread, potato, olives, and carrots. Simmer for 5 minutes. Drop the bell pepper. Simmer 1 minute before serving. Serve hot!
Leave a Comment:
1. I boiled the meat with bay leaves to get rid of the odor.
2. I marinated it in soy sauce and vinegar for 30 minutes.
3. Sauteed the garlic and onion and added the meat.
4. Cooked the meat until it becomes oily, then I added just enough water to tenderize.
5. When all liquid is gone and meat becomes oily again, I added the "juice of the pineapple". This will add a flavorful taste. Cook until juice is gone until meat becomes oily again.
6. Add the tomato sauce. Bring to boil, then add butter, little cornstarch, pineapple chunks, and raisins . Awesome and enjoy!
souce and add fried banana plantin just before you remove from cooking.
Why is pickles, not listed in the ingredients, but included in the instruction ?Is this an error? I didn't know that peanut butter is in Caldereta.Is this recipe a new version?