Lechon Liempo is a crispy slow roasted pork belly.
Lechon Liempo Ingredients
- Pork meat (liempo); 12 -16 inches long
- Garlic; pounded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rosemary leaves
- Sliced tomatoes for garnishing
Lechon Liempo Cooking Instructions
- Wash and dry meat with paper towel.
- Rub inner layer of meat with a mixture of salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary leaves.
- Roll meat, and then tie both ends forming a circular tube form.
- Place in a roasting pan.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes, and then decrease heat to 350F.
- Bake for about one and a half hours to 2 hours or until meat turns golden brown and crispy!
- Remove pan from oven, then put meat on a rack.
- Make slices in rings.