Ginataang Kuhol (Snails in Coconut Milk) is a spicy recipe cooked in coconut milk, ginger, garlic, onion, and other condiments.
Ginataang Kuhol Ingredients
- 3 cups brown snail (kuhol)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 head garlic; crushed
- 1 small onion; sliced
- 1 root ginger; julienned
- 3 chili peppers
- 1 tomato; sliced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
Ginataang Kuhol Cooking Instructions
- Soak kuhol in water for 2-3 hours, then wash thoroughly to remove any undigested food.
- Break the tails by tapping with the handle of a knife to loosen the meat from the shell. Wash again and set aside.
- Saute garlic, onion, and ginger. Add coconut milk, hot chili pepper, and salt to taste.
- Let boil, then add the kuhol.
- Cook until coconut milk becomes thick and oily or until the dish is done.
- Garnish with sliced tomato and serve.