Escabetcheng Lapu-Lapu is a spicy grouper fish Filipino dish with sweet flavored sauce.
- 1 lapu lapu (grouper) fish
- 4 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 onion; chopped
- 1 root; cut into strips
- 1 carrot; cut into strips
- 1 bell pepper; cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Ground black pepper
- Cooking oil
- In a skillet, fry lapu-lapu fish and place in a platter. Set aside.
- Mix flour with little water. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic, onion, and ginger.
- When sauted, add the carrot and bell pepper.
- Pour water and then simmer until carrot and bell pepperthe are cooked.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Simmer, then add the flour-water mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Pour the hot sauce on top of the lapu-lapu fish and serve.