Rice Bibingka Recipe
Rice Cake Bibingka or Bibingkang Galapong is a cake made basically from rice flour (galapong), coconut milk, sugar, eggs, and baking powder.
- 2 cups rice flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup shredded you coconut meat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- Banana leaves
How to make bibingka?
- Mix well all the first 8 ingredients together in a big bowl. Set aside.
- Line pot with banana leaves and place pot over live charcoal in a clay oven.
- Pour the mixture into the pot and cover with a sheet of metal.
- Add live charcoal on top of the sheet metal.
- Cook bibingka for 15 – 20 minutes or until done.
- Take off bibingka from the pot and grease with margarine, then sprinkler with sugar. Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Comment