Broiled Shrimps is when the shrimps are cooked in a casserole without the use of cooking oil.
Casserole broiling. This is a process of cooking shrimps without the use of oil or butter. Authentic Ilokano dish.
Broiled Shrimps Ingredients
- 2 cups of shrimps
- salt to taste
Broiled Shrimps Cooking Instructions
- Drop the shrimps in a casserole, then cover.
- Shake casserole repeatedly until shrimps are evenly cooked.
- Sprinkle with little salt to taste.
- Shake well, then serve.
There are other ways to cook shrimps.
- Braising. Pour 1/4 cup of water in casserole. Bring to a simmer, then drop the shrimps stirring occasionally to evenly cook. When all liquid has evaporated, season with salt and cook until done.
- Frying. Melt 1 tablespoonful of butter. Stir fry shrimp until done, then dash a pinch of salt to season.
- The hardest and longest. Sauté garlic and onion, then add shrimps. Spice with salt. When shrimps are slightly done, pour little 7-up soda. Cook until done, then garnish with chopped scallions. Stir and serve.