Adobong Tahong (Green Mussels Adobo) is a stewed green mussels in soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, peppercorn, and other condiments.
Adobong Tahong Ingredients
- 1 kilo green mussels (tahong); cleaned and beard removed
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, pounded
- 1/4 tablespoon peppercorns
- Cooking oil
Adobong Tahong Cooking Instructions
- Sauté garlic and then add the tahong. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, and pepper.
- Parboil and simmer until the tahong shells are opened.
- Continue cooking until little sauce is left and done.